Terms and conditions
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order.
1. THE TERMS
1.1 These are the terms and conditions by which we will collect and deliver products that you have ordered, herein referred to as ‘the products’.
1.2 These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1 We are Localdotshopping Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11876704 and our registered office is at Brooklyn Crescent, Cheadle, SK8 1DX
2.2 You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07971004074 or by writing to us at our registered office address above or by email at email@example.com
2.3 If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
3.1 “Orders”; we mean the selection of products you have requested for delivery on a specific date and time.
3.2 “Your Account”, we mean an account that you set up on our website to keep track of your orders;
3.3 “Delivery Slot”, we mean the date and time range that you decide you want your order delivered.;
3.4 “Our Partners”; we mean any of the local business whose products are sold through the ‘Shop your high street’ section on our website;
3.5 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3.6 “Consumer”; we mean we are entering in to a contract with you as the recipient of the order requested on our website.
4. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU (THE CONSUMER)
4.1 You create your order with us by choosing products from our website. You request your order by choosing a delivery slot.
4.2 Our acceptance of your order request will be made prior to delivery of your order. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the order Confirmation is complete and accurate. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the order placed by you. By placing an Order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (i.e. the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the order request.
4.3 If we are unable to accept your order request, we will inform you of this and will not charge you. This might be because the product(s) are out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product(s) or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. We will act reasonably in deciding whether to accept or decline your order request and will inform you if we are unable to accept your order.
4.4 We deliver to selected areas. We deliver products intended for current consumption. You can only order products from our local partners for delivery in areas where we operate a delivery service. Please check our website to see if we can deliver your local.shopping (www.local.shopping) .
4.5 You are not permitted to make changes to any order once it has been accepted. If you notice something is not correct with your order, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to resolve the problem.
4.6 We will not make changes to your order without contacting you first, either in writing (email) or by phone. Where one of our Partners in unable to fulfil all or part of your order, we will not offer direct automatic substitutions but will contact you to arrange an alternative. If not alternative is suitable, we will refund you this part of your order and deliver the remaining products.
5.1 The price of the Goods and any additional delivery charges is that set out on the website at the date of the Order.
5.2 Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
5.3 You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery takes place.
6. DELIVERING THE PRODUCTS
6.1 Delivery costs will be as displayed to you on our website at the point you make your request for an Order. The delivery costs we charge you may be higher if you select products from partners outside of your local area, as defined by us, but we will tell you about this at the checkout.
6.2 We will deliver your products within the Delivery Slot you have selected. hen we will deliver the products.
6.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
6.4 Return of re-usable containers. Where we supply products to you which come in re-usable containers or boxes (e.g. glass bottles), you agree that you will return those items to us in good reusable condition. We will usually collect those items from you at the same time as making the next delivery to you, but we can ask for them back at other times and you agree to give them back when we ask. We will tell you how you should make the container available for our collection, or how you should return it to us.
6.5 We expect you (or a nominated person) to be available to receive the order at the delivery address within the Delivery Slot you selected. If you are not available, we will attempt to contact you on the number you provided, if we cannot reasonable leave the order (i.e. if there are perishables and we can’t reach you by phone), we will charge you the full price for any products that our partners will not accept back (for example because they are perishable) and will dispose of those products; we will give you a refund in respect of any products that our partners do accept back providing they can can re-sell for a reasonable price and will take those products back into stock. The decision to take products back in to stock in these circumstances lies solely with Our Partners and their decision is final. We may deduct from any refund or reduction in this instance a reasonable sum to compensate us for any losses we may suffer as a result of your failure to accept delivery. This may include our wasted costs in attempting delivery.
6.6 Products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the Order to the address you gave us.
7. PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT(S)
7.1 If you have any questions or complaints about the product(s), please initially contact Our Partner who supplied that product(s). You can find a list of Our Partners and their contact details on our website (www.local.shopping). Once you have come to an agreement with Our Partner, they will contact us to make arrangements. If you are unable to come to an agreement with Our Partner, please contact us at email@example.com, call us on 07971004074 or use the ‘contact’ form on our website.
8. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1.1 We will use the personal information you provide to us;
– to supply the products to you;
– to manage your customer account;
-to process your payment for the Orders;
– to pass to Our Partners in case of a problem with your order; and
8.2 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
8.4 If no orders are made on your account for a period of 6 months we may de-activate it and archive the data for relevant business and regulatory purposes and for the relevant periods of retention permitted by law. In such circumstances, having notified you at the email address supplied on your account,
9. FORCE MAJEURE
9.1 In the event of any matters that impact us or the availability of products beyond our reasonable control which shall include but not be limited to earthquake, fire, storm, flood, pandemic or epidemic, strike, road closure, breakdown of equipment, loss of utilities, supplier failure or extreme customer demand, we may need to amend, reduce or suspend your Orders and delivery service without notice. If we are unable to fulfil your Orders in whole or in part due to a Force Majeure event we shall be released from our obligations under our contract with you and your payment, if already made, will be returned to you in whole or in part as appropriate.
10. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
10.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you.
10.2 Nobody else has any rights under this. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
10.3. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
10.4 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.
Localdotshopping (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.local.shopping you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Localdotshopping LTD
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (www.local.shopping) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website or place an order. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information and browser type and version.
- information about your visit, including clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Anonymous, pseudonymous or de-identified data
We may pseudonymise your data through a technique called “hashing”.
We may use pseudonymised data with our partners (such as Facebook) to find additional potential customers for our products and services by finding people with similar preferences. These partners will keep the data secure and will only use such data for the purpose for which we provide it to them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to provide you with offers, marketing materials and other promotional materials, both online and through other marketing channels, such as third party social networks, like Facebook;
- to assist us in finding other potential customers similar to you (but we would never disclose your data in doing so to any of those customers);
- to send you information or content you have requested and develop relevant advertising material for you which will be viewable when you visit the Site or other websites across the Internet;
- to communicate with you and investigate any complaints.
- to perform market research, data analytics and data appends. To accomplish some of these tasks, we may enhance or append other data collected from or about you to the information we possess;
- to ensure that as an existing customer you are not included on proposed marketing campaigns aimed at attracting new customers;
- to protect against fraud, unauthorised transactions, security issues, claims and other liabilities and manage risk exposure and quality;
- to verify whether you have had a previous account with us to prevent fraudulent take-up of our offers;
- to provide customer support and diagnostic assistance, for instance, by analysing the Information, our Service’s integration with other platforms and the contact information and other materials you submit to us;
- to associate an email address that you have provided to us with previous browsing and purchase experiences. We may be able to make this connection whether you are logged on or not and we will know whether you receive email alerts and will be able to associate this with any other contact information you may have given us;
- to create hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising. Facebook matched the uploaded information to your profile, without revealing your identity to the advertiser.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
If you have elected to unsubscribe from marketing communications we will keep a record of this and ensure that we include your email address on suppression lists to ensure that we do not contact you with marketing communications.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may share your data:
- With trusted service providers, to perform or assist us in performing any of the functions listed in Uses of the Information, for instance (without limitation) to assist us with email delivery, customer and technology support, hosting services, fraud prevention and marketing, data enhancement, advertising and market research services.
- If you refer a new customer to us or you sign up as a result of a referral, we may share your first name and first initial of your surname with the referred person or person making the referral as set out in the referral program details.
- We also provide analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand our customers better and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, statements made by our customers such as comments or feedback we receive on our products or Services.
- We may share your feedback or comments. If you post anything to this site or through the services that can be viewed by the general public, we may share that with third parties.
- We may use third-party Web analytics Services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics. We may also share certain information about you and the device you use to access the Services in order to deliver tailored advertising.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the buyer of such business or assets.
- If localdotshopping or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
These terms were created on 30th June 2020.